Thursday 3 March 2011

Mentors thoughts

I spoke with Lee Cadieux earlier and I gave him some ideas about where I want my project to go. He also helped me out with some things aswell. He said to me that my project is about sending a message to Chinese Students about life at Ulster. Life here is radically different to life over in Shanghai for example for Students. Over in Northern Ireland we can get in our car and drive to a beach on the coast within minutes, over in china thats an impossible thing to do. This is just one example of the differences in Cultures between the two countries. Another really important is the teaching methods between China and Ulster. Chinese Universities are generally stricter an less connectivity between Students and Lecturers. I myself use facebook to talk to my lecturers and interact with them an they give me feedback on projects that Im doing so that aspect alone will make for a good selling point for the University of Ulster. I was giving another way of looking at things, break the video into two parts, the first part being what we have in common with the Chinese students, it maybe more than we think? The second part being what Chinese Students can gain from our culture eg St.Patricks Day, going to the beach, connecting with Lecturers, going to the pub for a pint. I want to include these to my film project.

No comments:

Post a Comment